Presented to the Club in May 1970 by Austin (Tony) C Burdon, A. Harper, Sons & Bean’s Chief Designer during early 1920s. Designer of the Fourteen and Twelve. The Fourteen was the first car designed wholly by Bean.
The trophy is a silver plate and is engraved with a picture of the Bean 14,
YP 7569 at the time was owned by John Sears, then briefly by the Club’s founders Rex & Joan Tapley, who then sold it back to John. The car is now with the Lovelocks.
It was decided that the Trophy be awarded to the Bean which attended the most Club events and a list of eligible events was created for this purpose. In more recent years, the Committee decided whose car was “the most seen Bean”.
Plate NOT engraved with winners.
All known winners listed below.
Other sites of interest
This site has a wonderful history of Bean cars and the factory - full of photos
Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
National Motor Museum Beaulieu, Hants
The Swift Club
Car and Classic
Pre 1940 Triumph Motor Club